List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KOrg: Questions and suggestions
From:       Bram Schoenmakers <bramschoenmakers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2005-03-18 11:10:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Eilert, you wrote something like this:
> Hi folks,

Hi,

[...]

> To begin with, printing: We need an overview print of about 3 weeks (a
> whole month would be nice but would probably turn out too small) showing
> the working days. The appointments would have to appear with their whole
> text, i. e. text wrapping is essential. Giving an impression of where
> the appointment is approximately situated in the course of the day would
> make it perfect.

You can submit a wish for this at http://bugs.kde.org so we don't forget about
it. It's no guarantee it will be implemented, though.

> Next, date picker, a question: At least I think this is the name for it,
> the small area at the upper left side with a month in it? On one of the
> screen shots on your website I saw it is possible at last  to have more
> than one month there. I would need 3, is that possible?

Yes, at least this possible with KDE 3.4, I don't know if this feature existed
already in KDE 3.3.

> Moreover, in the date picker, I need a colour scheme (two colours would
> do for me :-) ) to have a holiday overview. We mark holidays green there
> and birthdays of staff members in red. So IF there is something on that
> day which has a certain flag set, THAT day will appear with a coloured
> background in the date picker. In our second timer app, these are simply
> flags for "normal" (no colour), "higher priority" (green) and "highest
> priority" (red) appointments/events, so birthdays will be shown over
> green holidays. (This is important as birthdays tend to be on weekends
> and within holidays and cannot be automatically seen if you show only Mo
> - Fr there...)

I don't know since when, but in the recent version you can see holidays in the
datepicker. Birthdays are not supported, you can only check them in the main
view.

> Another question: up to now, I always found that when adding a task, it
> would appear at once. It would be better for me if it appeared only from
> the date it starts. I've got a lot of tasks included in our second app
> which are important only from a certain day on and should not appear any
> earlier. Has this been implemented meanwhile?

Yes. Since KDE 3.4.

> And the last question: in the newer versions, there is a headline in
> each appointment indicating the start and end time for it. Can I switch
> that off somehow? It takes too much place. A simple surface showing the
> text would do. I have to say that I liked the old look with the
> button-like appointments (embossed effect) because it clearly confines
> the boxes, there is just more contrast on the screen.

No, it's not optional. Before we draw an item on the agenda, we decide if a
header is required. If a box is too small, we simply omit it, else we paint
it. Could you show us why it's in the way? (A screenshot on somewhere on the
web is preferred).

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers