List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Opengroupware and KDE-PIM 3.4 and WebDAV Connection -
From:       Peter Wimmer <peter.wimmer () studentenwerk ! mhn ! de>
Date:       2005-03-15 20:25:08

Hello,

we have a huge problem while testing out OpenGroupware and the KDE
Kontact Client while setting up calendar ressources for OpenGroupware in
Kontact (and accessing shared calendar ressources).

We need a solution where it is possible to share calendar data and where
users can check the calendars of other users. I think opengroupware
could be the right groupware server for us.

I don't know how i could check the calendar data of another user in
kontact With the webclient this is possible.
I don't understand the difference between the calendar folders in the
ressource folder list (after adding them).

This is what i did:
* I added an ressource in contact "Add -> GroupDAV Server (e.g.
OpenGroupware)"
* added an URL "http://opengroupware/zidestore/so/<user>/"
* added user and password (but it seemed not necessary, i got asked for
it anyway)

then i got 2(!!) Calendar Folders and 1 Overview Folder. I don't know
the difference between the 2 Calendar folders (there definitly is one,
some dates are in one, others in the second). The Overview folder seems
to show me all calendar data to which i have read access (like described
in
http://www.opengroupware.org/en/users/docs/snippets/ZideStore/ZideStore-URLs.html)

- there is a column titled "events" with a check-box. I dont know what
to do with this check box.

Can you help me to understand how i could configure kontact as an
opengroupware client so that our users can work with shared calendar
data and check other users calendars?

Another problem. I tried to add another calendar ressource (with an
different username: "http://opengroupware/zidestore/so/<user2>/". This
seemed impossible. After adding the first one, i couldn't add reossurces
for another user. I tried this as an workaround for the "secretary-boss"
case.

Another try was to add the ressource strings from
http://www.opengroupware.org/en/users/docs/snippets/ZideStore/ZideStore-URLs.html
(e.g. http://opengroupware/zidestore/so/<user>/Calendar/calendar.ics)
but this hasn't worked at all (at least with the GroupDAV Server
Ressource i selected). Shouldn't this work?

Thanks in advance!!

Peter Wimmer

- while