List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] libkcal and TimeZones
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-09 12:44:48

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 12:27, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

> There's a difference between "it's permitted" and it's working ;-) The
> times of the events are not adjusted, so effectively the events move
> (relative to UTC). This should maybe mentioned somewhere (on the other
> hand, I don't know how it's meant to work properly. Cornelius, how is it
> supposed to work exactly?)

This is a hack, so there is no big well-thought plan behind it. Effectively
the time zone setting of Calendar just specifies how times are adjusted while

This works in practice (at least somewhat), but the correct solution to the
problem would probably be to use a time class which carries a time zone
attribute and remove the Calendar time zone setting. Which time zone is used
to show times in the GUI in fact is a property of the view and not the
document.