List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] syncml kitchensync? P910i/Symbian?
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-07 11:07:03

On Monday 07 March 2005 11:39, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer.
> It would be interesting to see more kitchensync information on the
> KDE pages, to motivate more people to help.

Yes. Syncing in KDE and in particular KitchenSync belong to the dark and
ugly corners of KDE you better don't look at too closely unless you are
brave enough to handle some monstrousity (not that we wouldn't also
hide some gems in these corners :-).

But you are right we should make this more transparent and better
documented so that it becomes easier for people to understand what's
going on, to help with development and to use the apps.

> The next question would be: Does kitchensync work with Kolab?

There is a generic KResource Konnector for KitchenSync. This should
allow to directly sync a Kolab account (with a local resource or
another server or whatever a KResource exists for). I have never tried
it, though, so I can't tell how it actually works.