List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kpilot Bug ID 86879
From:       "Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper" <vR () movingparts ! net>
Date:       2005-03-03 17:37:15

On Thursday 03 March 2005 11:48, Victor H. wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm still using KDE 3.2.1 with kpilot 4.4.1 since newer versions have this
> bug and cannot synch the ToDo list correctly with a Palm Vx.
> Since kdepim and kpilot is the most important application for me, I cannot
> use newer KDE versions.
> When will this bug be fixed, or is there another solution?
>
> Best regards
> Victor

I am using kpilot 4.5.0 with kdepim from kde 3.4-rc1, and I am able to sync
ToDo's perfectly, in both directions.  I even get the conflict resolution
dialog if need be.  This is in using my Clie NX70V.

I would suggest that you update to the latest of KDE (or wait a couple of
weeks before it's officially released) and try again.  kpilot 4.5.0 is the
most stable and feature-rich pilot sync software that I've seen for Linux,
and I've been using my pilot with Linux for the last 5 years at least.  =:)

Now, all that being said, there are some problems that have nothing to do with
kpilot or korganizer that affect them nonetheless.  The most irksome is the
dependency layer that exists on the FAM daemon, if available (which it is on
Fedora which I run currently).  The problem is that kpilot does everything
that it is supposed to do and updates korganizer's ToDo file and Calendar
file, but korganizer doesn't know about it because the FAM layer breaks, and
then korganizer overwrites its file since it didn't know it changed.  This
makes it look like the sync didn't happen correctly, even though it does.

So, I'd say that your best bet is to update to the latest and greatest
kdepim/kpilot/kde (or wait ~ 2 weeks) and try it again.  If it still looks
broken, then try your experimenting without having korganizer running at all
(i.e. put an entry in, do file | quit in korganizer, then sync with
kpilot/your pilot, then restart korganizer) and see if the sync was
successful.

Phew.  Little long-winded there, but HTH.   =:)

--

 `
 ,