List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Copyrights in libkcal
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-01 14:33:39

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 03:52 am, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 March 2005 03:27, Allen Winter wrote:
> > I noticed that libkcal/kcalversion.h and libkcal/libkcal_export.h don't
>
> I don't think that the code in kcalversion.h (actually just three #defines) is
> really copyrightable. There is nothing in there that would require any
> creative thought (which is a prerequisite for copyright).
> But if you insist, I added that file some time ago so that apps like kpilot
> (which is also available in standalone source distribution) can check against
> which libkcal version they are compiling...
>
> And libkcal_export.h contains even less, just one #define LIBKCAL_EXPORT, so
> that we don't have to include kdepimmacros.h in each file, but instead
> libkcal_exports.h where we might add additiona macros later. But again,
> there's nothing creative or anything about that file.
> For the record: Dirk Mueller originally added it, and I changed the #include
> <kdemacros.h> to kdepimmacros.h (as trivial as this sounds, this actually was
> a change to 50% of the relevant lines in that file ;-) )

In the name of giving credit where credit is due, and for completeness sake,
I'm going to add the copyrights.  Thanks for the info Reinhold.

On a related note:
I noticed that some copyright statements are of the form:
   Copyright (C|c) Name <email>
and others are:
  (C|c) Name <email>

Is there a KDE preferred copyright "format" for source code?

Regards,
Allen
--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE