List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Site design for pim.kde.org
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2005-02-25 13:05:20

a.degroot@science.ru.nl wrote:

>Anyway, I'm wondering what to do: leave the site as-is with its own look,
>customization, and framework, or switch the site to the kde.org framework
>and look. Either is possible; the latter might reduce maintainence, but at
>the same time I'm somewhat reluctant to deliver p.k.o into the hands of
>the www team, which has historically been somewhat ineffective. The former
>means having to deal with special needs if they show up, and not getting
>bugfixes to the framework (I've copied a fair chunk of the existing
>framework into p.k.o, with some modification).

My 2 cents ...

- less maintenace is a great thing
- consistency of kde "brand" is a good thing
- placing responsibility with an ineffective www team is not good

For me, the decision would hinge on the strength of third point, with
which I have no experience.  Better to have pim folks hacking C++ that CSS.

Regards,

Mark