List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: Ugly dialogs/layouts in KMail
From:       Harijs Buss <hbush () apollo ! lv>
Date:       2005-02-11 17:39:54

On Friday, 11. February 2005 19:01, Hasso Tepper rakstija:

> And the statusbar is real alien in this dialog IMHO.

Absolutely not.  Statusbar is very useful when making search in big message
bases and/or many folders.  Such searches can take considerable time even on
fast machines, therefore it is necessary to see what's going on. In my life
it's not rare to have search going some 5 - 10 minutes on AMD-64 2800+ with
SATA disk.

Please leave at least Status bar in place.  Using Search dialog quite often
during several years, I must say that I really don't see anything so bad in
it as you are talking about.

Harry