List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] problems ./configure current kdepim release
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () hex ! athame ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-01-29 11:20:51

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Tim Oliver Wagner wrote:
> I tried to install the current kdepim release. Can someone explain me the

You mean KPilot release, and, as you noticed, you need to extract all
three tarballs. I'm going to leave off doing that from now on -- it's
confusing, and it doesn't save any bandwidth in practice.

> error and suggest how to solve it? Or did someone forgot to put some files in
> the tar.gz ... compiling only the kpilot package there is no possibility to
> execute a ./configure like in the INSTALL-file described.

KPilot 4.4.6 is not compatible with KDE 3.2. If you unpack it, then do a
( cd kdepim/kpilot ; cvs update ), it should update to more recent code
which _is_ compatible again. KPilot 4.4.7 (which I've been saying for
several weeks should be out soon) will warn you that you're using 3.2.
After that, no more 3.2 support -- the rest of PIM doesn't either.