List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] New version of KDateEdit
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-12-31 2:45:30

On Thursday 02 Dec 2004 20:34, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 08:02:42PM +0000, David Jarvie wrote:
> > On Thursday 02 Dec 2004 5:37 pm, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > 1)  The code in KDateEdit::popup() which shows the combo box as unpressed
> > again has been removed. Is this not still necessary? In the Keramik
> > style, pressed and unpressed don't look all that different (if I remember
> > rightly), but in some other styles it does really matter.
>
> This code caused a strange behaviour, it sent an additional lineenter,
> which caused the reset of the date... really bad.
> I couldn't discover any difference with the plastik style, so I thought
> it's not necessary. Shouldn't that be handled in the style?

I have finally managed to test this out (too many other things to do
recently), but I don't see any problem using Plastik style when the popup()
code to unpress the button is reinserted. The date isn't reset for me -
perhaps you could try it again and tell me exactly how to reproduce the bad
behaviour. But you should also try System++ style - you will see there that
without the unpressing code, the button never unpresses once clicked on.

Cheers,
David.