List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Holiday Plugin Removal (Was: [Kde-pim] kdepim 3.4 feature list)
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-12-28 16:09:59

On Friday 24 December 2004 08:59 am, Martin Koller wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 December 2004 22:24, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > The original intention of having both KOCore and KOGlobals was to have
> > global settings available in KOrganizer/Embedded without requiring
> > plugins (which weren't available in the embedded version).
>
> Is this still the case ? Or can I remove the #ifdefs completely ?
>
> There are some files which include kocore but without the #ifdef
>

> Attached is the modified patch where I now use KOGlobals for the holiday
> things.

Martin,

I applied your patch locally for testing and ran into a couple issues we need to \
discuss.

+ I see each holiday twice now.  Is this because the plugin is still activated?
+ How do we handle compatibility with the plugin?  If we see Calendar/Holiday Plugin \
group with Holidays setting in korganizerrc do we automatically move that to the new \
Time&Date Holidays variable? (and remove the Calendar/Holiday plugin group from \
korganizerrc?) + In the Special Dates Summary plugin, I look for the Calendar/Holiday \
Plugin group variable.  Do I ignore that now in favor of Time&Date variable?  Do I \
support both variables?

Other questions:
+ I want to implement two new features:
     "Put Lunar Phases on the Calendar" and "Put Solstices and Equinoxes on the \
Calendar"  Eventually when I finish the new libkholidays there will be other \
configurations like  "Show <Religion> Holidays" and "Show School Holidays", etc.
   Should there be a new "Holidays" configuration group (at the Time&Date level) for \
all this?  or do we keep all the holidays settings in the TIme&Date group?

So there's some details to be decided on before committing this patch.

Regards,
Allen

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE