List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] A big thank you and some remarks about kolab 2
From:       Till Adam <adam () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-12-04 16:46:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 04 December 2004 16:46, Holger Schroeder wrote:

[helpfull docs contribution snipped]

Holger, your feedback is much appreciated, but would be better directed at the
kolab-devel mailing list. The folks there can actually do something about
kolab.org. On this list you'll only find a few guys who happened to hack on
the Kontact part of the kolab project.

> there are still some questions/wishes i have, perhaps there should be a
> kolab2 faq or wiki on kolab.org.

[server questions snipped]

> is cached imap able to recognize, that mails on the client are moved from
> one folder to another, so that it can move the files on the server at the
> next sync too? now i am filtering mails into different folders on download,
> and on the next sync, kmail 1.7.1 seems to upload the moved mails to the
> server, instead of moving them on the server, which is quite slow.

That is an optimization which is not easy to implement and not implemented
yet.

> - would it be possible to let the kmail mail filter rules "know" on which
> server/mail folder they are working ? for example when i have my mails
> filtered into the two folders A and B on the server, and i am in folder A
> and want to filter sapm messages from there, i want them to go to folder
> A-spam, and when i am in B i want them to go to B-spam. and for that the
> rule needs to know in which folder it is applied.

That's unrelated to kolab and a general filtering wish. Please report it on
bugs.kde.org as a wish for the KMail filtering component, if there is not
already such a wish.

Again, thanks a lot for your feedback, please don't take this mail the wrong
way, I'd just hate to see your work wasted because none of the kolab people
notice it on this list. :)

Till