List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] RFC: Moving akregator to KDE-PIM 3.4
From:       Frank Osterfeld <frank.osterfeld () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-12-02 13:14:43

Hello,

I am writing to the list to suggest moving akregator to KDE-PIM and releasing
it as part of KDE-PIM 3.4.

For those of you who don't know akregator yet:

Akregator is an RSS feed aggregator, designed for following a large amount of
RSS/RDF/Atom feeds in a convenient way. The UI design is similar to KMail.
You can use it either standalone or as a kontact plugin. Feeds can be added
while browsing in konqueror via an icon in the status bar.

The homepage is http://akregator.sf.net/. In KDE CVS, you find it in
kdenonbeta/akregator.

Development started beginning of this year and in my opinion akregator has now
reached a reasonable mature state, so including it in KDE 3.4 would be
possible. I know KDE 3.4 is quite near but since there were some KDE
developers interested in inclusion and it's really a long time until 4.0, I'd
suggest to include it now.

At present we are three developers contributing (plus George Staikos, who does
a lot of bug fixing right now) who are willing to get it ready in time.

So What do you think? Do you want akregator included in KDE-PIM? And if so, do
you agree with including it in 3.4 already?

Regards,

Frank