List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Project-diary, second attempt
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-11-21 22:46:52

On Sunday 21 November 2004 03:45 pm, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> On Sunday, 21. November 2004 17:04, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Hmm.. from a libkcal point-of-view it seems we could create a new type of
> > Incidence that is not a to-do, but similar.  Not sure what to call it.
> > Task comes to mind but that is confused with to-do.
>
> What can't you do with the Todo class yet?

On closer look, it does seem that Todo class might have everything we need.
I don't know if attendees are the same as "involved persons"... maybe so.

> > The GUI is also
> > similar to the todo view in KOrg, so I guess that wouldn't be too hard to
> > write either.  We'd call that project view.
>
> hehe, yeah, we already have a project view, but that's not been maintained for
> years, and it simply doesn't work.

Did not know that.  In KOrg?  what files?

> > Really this doesn't seem that hard to write,
>
> Famous last words!
>
> > Not that I'm volunteering at this time ;>  But if a consensus is reached on
> > how to proceed maybe we could add this to the KDE 4.0 feature list?
>
> Yes, it would be nice to have it (actually, I already borrowed a book on MS
> Project to see how they implement a project planner), but the feature list is
> not the wish list for Santa Claus. We can only add features to the feature
> list where we have at least one person willing to actually implement this.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  What I meant to say was: if we, the PIM folks, think this
is a good idea and something we'd like to have in KOrg, then I am willing to work on it.
I don't want to work on something if you and/or Cornelius don't like the idea.
So, if you want I will add it to the 4.0 feature plan under my name.

Regards,
Allen

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE