List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPilot
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-11-10 12:09:34

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 11:35, Oleg Yaroshin wrote:
> I have just started using KPilot 4.3.10 (BRANCH)
> (Using KDE 3.1.4).  It came with SuSE Linux 9.0
> Professional package. I have encountered a number of
> difficulties.  First, with KOrganizer 3.1.1.  The

OK, that's a pretty old version; in general I'd suggest to upgrade.

> Calendar conduit syncs O.K. without the To Do conduit.
>  But if the To Do conduit is added, KPilot cannot find
> the Palm saying: "Pilot device /dev/pilot doesn't

Very weird - never heard that one before. Try enabling the conduit, then
restarting kpilot (and the demon)? You may also have to re-configure the port
name.

> Second problem: KPilot generally syncs O.K. with
> KAddressBook 3.1.4.  However, in one particular
> situation it seemed to fail to do so.  I imported an

Mixing-and-matching PCs (even if it's just a matter of mixing the same PC in
windows and with KPilot) is always iffy.

> Third problem: with KOrganizer, on my first Sync, the
> computer replaced by its calendar database (empty
> one!) the full data base on Palm.  Thus, after the

Ugh. It shouldn't do that, I suspect it wasn't thinking of a first-time sync
when you did that.

> the way, I am about to get SuSE Linux 9.2 package.  It
> may have an updated version of KPilot.  Please let me
> know if that will make a difference.  Thank  you.

It might, it's KPilot 4.4.5, but there are still bugs, so watch out for them.
Better yet, get the code from kpilot.org and help track some down, it helps
everybody.

--
Don't worry, 't ain't no shame to be stupid - ol' mouse.
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot