List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KOrganizer events magically shifted by -1 hour after
From:       Ronny Multrus <kde () ronino ! de>
Date:       2004-11-07 22:12:26

Hello Adriaan,

> > I did a normal sync of my KOrganizer datebook and my Palm Zire, using
> > KPilot. After that, I recognized that ALL events in KOrganizer where
> > shifted by -1 hour whereas on the Palm they where correct. After doing
> > another sync, all events on the Palm where shifted, too.
>
> Known bug "the timezone bug", take a look in bugs.kde.org where you'll be
> sure to spot it quickly (there's a link on www.kpilot.org to the correct
> query if you feel like it). You might try upgrading to a newer version,
> it might be fixed there.

I'm running KDE 3.3.1 and I don't think that this is the infamous timezone
bug I've been a victim of some time ago. My problem differs in that the
shift only occurred _one_ time. All my events now begin and end one hour
earlier, but entering a new event keeps the correct time on both Palm and
KOrganizer.

This makes me think of something like a "2 backups" feature for KPilot,
always saving the last 2 backups. When doing a hotsync it's already too
late with only one backup if you didn't copy an earlier version to a
different place...

Ronny Multrus