Jason Keirstead wrote: > On Tuesday 02 November 2004 4:31 am, Szombathelyi György wrote: > >>>Is there any way to integrate this into KMail so that the dependancy on >>>Cyrus-SASL NTLM support is removed, and KMail can support NTLM out of the >>>box? >> >>Cyrus-sasl is not just about NTLM. It supports many other mechanisms, >>like GSSAPI, and is extendable via various plugins. I think it's a good >>idea to keep it. > > > I was not suggesting removing Cyrus-SASL > > I was suggesting using KNTLM for the NTLM support, so that it can support NTLM > out of the box. > > NTLM is very, very, very common in corperate environments, and I think it is > something KMail should support without a thrid party liibrary if it is > possible using a library that will already be in kdelibs. > NTLM is implemented as a SASL mechanism, so the SASL library should handle it. It is cyrus-sasl now. Without cyrus-sasl, mechanisms like PLAIN don't work, too. Bye, György _______________________________________________ kde-pim mailing list kde-pim@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim kde-pim home page at http://pim.kde.org/