List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Re: Non-unique UIDs
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-28 11:52:14

On Tuesday, 28. September 2004 12:06, Bo Thorsen wrote:

> This is not the problem of the thread. The problem is what happens when
> two resources actually *do* contain something with the same UID.

When two events have the same UID, they are in fact two (possibly different)
versions of the same event. I think the view should honor this fact and also
show only one event.

If the events are identical it's easy, if not we have to find out which
version is the newer/better one or maybe merge the two versions.

If only the organizer is allowed to change the event it's easy to find out
which is the newer version following the iTIP rules.

What are the concrete use cases where the same event is present in different
calendars and is changed independently, that means not only for handling
invitations but where actually event data is changed?