List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KOrganizer What's This - Events and To-dos
From:       Carlos Leonhard Woelz <carloswoelz () imap-mail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-19 0:32:31

On Friday 17 September 2004 12:00 pm, Antonio Salazar wrote:
> > Entry:"Opens your address book so you can select a new attendee from
> > there." To "Opens a dialog box allowing you to select one or more
> > attendees from your address book."
> >
> > Rationale: you are open an address picker. Also, you can select more than
> > one contact at a time.
>
> I don't know.... Most users wouldn't know the difference between the
> two if it hit them on the front of a truck. I think it's simpler to
> just call it the address book, since that is essentially what it is
> (an interface to it counts as the same in my eyes).

Ok, what about "Opens your address book, allowing you to select new attendees
from it."

> > +++ korganizer/koeditorgeneral.cpp
> >
> > Entry: "Allows you to select the categories that this event or to-do
> > belongs to."
> > To "Allows you to select the categories which this event or to-do belongs
> > to."
> >
> > Rationale: I don't know, just sounds better. I am not even a native
> > english speaker, so feel free to ignore.
>
> Now you've made me unsure about that... My gut in grammar is right
> 99.9% of the time, but I'll look that up :D

I believe both are correct.

> > Entry:"<qt>Sets the level of access from the outside that "
> > "this event or to-do should have:"
> > "<ul>"
> > "<li>Public allows anyone to view the event or to-do,</li>"
> > "<li>Private allows *,</li>"
> > "<li>Confidential allows *.</li>"
> > "</ul></qt>");
> >
> > Comment: I don't know the difference between Private and Confidential
> > either. The handbook does not help much. Anyone?
>
> Yeah, I already asked about that. I just forgot to remove the bulleted
> list.

Now, reading about this in the other emails, what about
"Sets whether the access to this event or to-do should be restricted or not.
Please note that KOrganizer currently does not use this setting, so the
implementation of the restrictions will depend on the groupware server.
This means that events or to-dos marked as private and confidential
may be visible to others."

> > Ok, now I will go to sleep. I will finish reviewing this later. Antonio,
> > do you prefer that I send you future messages like this one to your
> > private e-mail?
>
> I don't mind either way, it's more a matter of if the KDE PIM list
> wants to keep up with what's going on. Anyone? I don't want to the
> list needlessly when no one is particularly interested...

Since our discussion is generating good feedback, and we got no complains, I
will continue it here...

+++ korganizer/koeditorgeneral.cpp
+  QWhatsThis::add( mAlarmProgramButton,
+		   i18n("Sets a program to execute in conjunction with the "
+			"popup dialog as a reminder.") );

I would drop the "as a reminder." Some user can use it the other way around:
set the reminder to run the program :)

+++ korganizer/koeditorgeneralevent.cpp

+		   i18n("Makes the event or to-do not have a time associated "
+		        "with it.") );

Add a warning: