List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KNotes kontact plugin patch
From:       Michael Brade <brade () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-08-31 13:06:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Bo,

> I backported Michaels KNotes changes to 3.3 branch, so we would be able to
> use the resources. The attached patch is what I have so far.
Excellent, thanks!

> I probably need to remove the rich text stuff, since that's a new feature.
No, it's not. KNotes is able to use rich text for a long time already. The
previous Kontact part wasn't able to handle such notes properly (I dare say
"at all" because you got the html source displayed). So IMHO it's an
important bugfix.

> But other than that the patch has the problem that it introduces several
> new strings.
Hm, I tried not to. Which ones are new? I even left the style guide bugs in
the part to not change any strings...

> So, what to do? Should I continue with the patch or what? Any directions
> you prefer me to take?
Well, to be honest, I would even have backported it without asking. The new
Kontact part is not free from bugs, far from it, but I think it is at least
useable now. So from me here's a YES for backporting.

Cheers,
--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience