List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Where do the Notes and Categories Go?
From:       Hugh Foster <hugh.foster () sagslox ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-08-19 9:43:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

>> Cool. Which parts do you sync? Only calendar and todos I guess?

Calendar, Todos, Notes and Contacts - I use all a great deal as it
happens.

>> For which part? The notes? Yes, that's know and will probably be
fixed in kdepim 3.4. The calendar also doesn't sync categories yet,
although we already got a patch that implements this. The todo items and
addresses should sync categories just fine.<<

Oh, new version? Any ETA? And where can I get the patch? The ToDo cats
haven't appeared, and Evolution won't show Contact cats in the main
display - though when picking from the address book, there they are -
weird!

>>KPilot syncs the memo notes with knotes. The actual data file of
knotes is
~/.kde/share/apps/knotes/notes.ics, but kpilot never directly touches
this
file, but used dcop to communicate to a running knotes. This will also
be
changed in kdepim 3.4 to directly sync with the ics file (since we
already
have all the infrastructure for this in the calendar and todo
conduits).<<

Yes, knotes I create on the PC are synched down to the Palm... but the
notes alteady on the Palm don't come up!

I'll try an Palm-overrides-desktop and see if it pulls them over.

KNotes seems a bit limited though; I have a couple of hundred notes on
my Palm and could really do with something a little more sophis to work
them on the PC end (ie the way Outlook does!).

Best regards,

Hugh Foster
System Support Analyst
Servisair (UK) Ltd.