List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPilot in KDE 3.3 and a new sync icon.
From:       Carlos Leonhard Woelz <carloswoelz () imap-mail ! com>
Date:       2004-08-07 20:59:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 07 August 2004 07:18 am, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> On Friday 06 August 2004 22:31, Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> > 2) The edit buttons in the viewers are enabled using kdelibs 3.3. Can
> > someone reproduce this?
> > This is important to have in KDE 3.3, as if the buttons are not
> > disabled, we can trick users into believing that they can sync using the
> > viewers.

Let me rephrase it:

The buttons should be disabled when the "Make internal viewers editable"
option is not checked.
If this option can be enabled, I am all for it ising the internal editors as
well.

> Ahm, this is actually supposed to work like that. I wrote that code a year
> ago. At the start of the sync, all changes done inside kpilot (in the
> invernal viewers and the raw database editor) are copied over to the
> handheld (conflict resolution included, of course), and then the usual sync
> (conduits, backup etc) takes place.

Great!

> Ade wasn't aware of that, so he disabled the internal editing.

I will be glad to do some testing on this, and maybe ade or someone else can
enable this option again.

> I haven't tested it recently. Is there anything broken about it?

I tested it recently (for the last six monts), and it wans't working. Sorry I
can't tell you what's the problem, maybe ade disabled it. Sometimes I really
wish I knew C++. Maybe I should learn it.

> I know we have the problem that conduit-only runs don't update the backup,
> and thus also not the databases used in the internal viewers, but that's a
> different problem.

OK.

BTW, do you know whats wrong with the fullsync? I am bugging you guys about it
because I have no answer. Just give me one and I will stop :)

Cheers,

Carlos