List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KPilot bug management and testing - KPilot Status Report
From:       Carlos Leonhard Woelz <carloswoelz () imap-mail ! com>
Date:       2004-07-29 19:29:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

Hi,

I will try to do a comprehensive testing of KPilot and bug management. After
that, I would love to start some regression testing automation, with scripts,
KPilot, and pilot-link, creating some test files. But we may talk about it
later :)

Anyway, I did the KNotes conduit as the first example. I want to maintain a
wiki page and/or a file in CVS with this date, so people can update /
complete / cooperate with the effort. Please tell me what you prefer, if you
think this initiative is worthwhile. Here is the data for the KNotes conduit.

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz

-----/////-----
KPilot sync status report part one.
KPilot as of 29/07/2004, kdepim compiled from sources.
Using mainly Sony Clié TJ-27 in a Fedora Core 1 - kdelibs 3.2.3

KNotes conduit:
Notes imported to memo viewer are not synced. When backup is done, memos are
lost. Suggestion: disable button in this dialog too.
Sync from notes created in Kontact does not work.
Sync from notes created with KNotes work.
Apparently, it seems a KNotes <=> Kontact problem, so I will not cover Kontact
<=> Pilot sync.

General testing:
Create note in KNotes: OK
Create note in Pilot: OK
Delete note in Pilot: OK
Delete note in KNotes: Note is not deleted in Pilot. Bug 71122.
Change note in Pilot: OK, but creates an additional heading line that is a
copy of the old one in KNotes. Then, the next sync to the pilot, this line is
also added to KPilot, in a circular process that creates multiple copies of
the first line. (Bug 85008)
Change note in KNotes: OK!, but deletes the memo category, setting it to
"unfilled" in the Pilot (Bug 85008)
Changes in both (conflict): no conflict handling, KNotes version takes
precedence. Bug or wish?

Config options testing:
Delete KNote when pilot memo is deleted: Dialog really appears, asking for
confirmation when deleting a note, or if the setting suppress confirmation is
also checked, it is deleted as well. When unchecked, nothing happens.
Therefore, OK.

["status.html" (text/html)]

KPilot as of 29/07/2004, kdepim compiled from sources.<br />
Using mainly Sony Clie TJ-27 in a Fedora Core 1 - kdelibs 3.2.3</p>

<h2>KNotes conduit</h2>

<ul>
<li>Notes imported to memo viewer are not synced. When backup is done, memos are \
lost. Suggestion: disable button in this dialog too.</li> <li>Sync from notes created \
<li>Apparently, it seems a KNotes to/from Kontact problem, so I will not cover \
Kontact to/from Pilot sync.</li> </ul>

KNotes. Then, the next sync to the pilot, this line is also added to KPilot, in a \
circular process that creates multiple copies of the first line.</td> <td>Bug \
85008</td> </tr>

confirmation when deleting a note, or if the setting suppress confirmation is also \
checked, it is deleted as well. When unchecked, nothing happens. Therefore, OK.</p>