List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] PIM 3.4 or 4.0?
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-07-29 17:44:44

On Thursday 29 July 2004 18:28, Allen Winter wrote:

> Updating the KonsoleKalendar entries in kdepim-features.xml I notice that
> some features are targeted for release 3.4 and some are for 4.0.

Features which require binary incompatible changes in kdelibs can't be done
before 4.0. For all other features it's just a matter of taste what you put
into the target as long it is greater than 3.3.

We will discuss the next release after 3.3 at aKademy and then see what it
will be. At the moment we simply don't know if there will be a 3.4 before a
4.0.

> Can someone "in the know" please describe what these releases are so I can
> target the next set of features appropriately.   Does 3.4 really mean
> 3.3.1?

No, 3.3.1 is the stable branch, this is only for bug-fixes.