List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Different plugin icon highlight
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-07-25 11:55:50

I like David's original mockup.

On Saturday 24 July 2004 03:10, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Friday 23 July 2004 17:31, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> > On Friday 23 July 2004 16:52, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > >What do you think about
> > > http://wgess16.dyndns.org/~tobias/sidebar.png ? It has shadows
> > > for the text as well.
>
> Looks nice.

For me it misses some of the subtleties of David's original image that
I like. Namely the sunken look due to drawing the left and top sides
using two beveled rectangles, one inset a pixel inside the other and
the inner most one being lighter than the outer. Also the right and
bottom sides being clipped so they are not shown at all is a nice
touch.

> > Grml, we should coordinate more. I currently somehow can't
> > connect, but here is what I came up with:
> >
> > http://ktown.kde.org/~danimo/screenies/sidebar_new.png
>
> The round corners look very "pixelig".

Yeah I agree, the corner areas are problematic here.

> In addition it seems to make
> the side bar significantly wider. I think we should try to keep it
> as small as possible as the applications can use the space much
> better.

Don.