List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kdepim meeting at akademy
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2004-07-14 8:29:25

Am Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2004 00:37 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
> akademy (http://conference2004.kde.org/) will be a great opportunity to
> meet some kdepim people, so I would like to propose to have a kdepim
> meeting during the coding marathon week, e.g. on Tuesday 24 August.

> Possible topics:
> - Planing the release after 3.3
> - Plans for KDE 4 (libkabc, kresources, etc.)
> - library consolidation (libkdepim, libkdenetwork, libkcal, etc.)
> - Kolab
> - Integration with other groupware servers
> - Porting Kontact to other platforms
> - Usability
> - Interaction with other projects

Do you think it might be possible to give a kitchensync tutorial for
developers this time? I.e. how it works in general (syncees, sync algorithm,
capabilities, etc.), how to write connectors for new devices (like palmos
handhelds), how to write conduits for data other than abook and ics files...

> Maybe we could do the meeting in two parts, one part aimed at the (core)
> developers and another more open one to also include developers from
> other projects and interested users.

Sounds good. The question is just, which one should occur first. Either the
core meeting so we can plan the rough outline for the future, and once we
know what we want, get additional input from others. Or we have the
whole-world meeting before so we can include those thoughts into our plans...

> Who will be at akademy? When will you be there?

I'll be there probably until wednesday afternoon.

Reinhold