List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Korganizer Ical Issues
From:       "George Sexton" <gsexton () mhsoftware ! com>
Date:       2004-07-12 4:43:02

I have been playing with Ical interoperability and encountered some issues.
The test case for these comments can be retrieved from:

http://www.mhsoftware.com/caldemo/iCal/calendar_id/36.ics

All testing was done with version 3.2.1 of Korganizer running on Suse Linux
9.1.

1)	Duration Fields are improperly parsed. Using the test file, the
durations appear to cause problems. Reformatting the duration in the file
from P1D to PT1D appears to be a workaround. Per section 4.3.6 of RFC-2445,
P1D is compliant, not PT1D.

2)	BYSETPOS is not handled correctly. The entries for Last Weekday,
don't display correctly. The RRULE for this entry is implemented precisely
as the example in RFC-2445 on page 44. This issue was also reported against
LibICal in May.

3)	The exception date of July 28th for the Every Wednesday item is not
interpreted correctly.

4)	Duration for Kwanzaa of 7 days doesn't work.

5)	The duration for the Every Wedneday item (2 Hours) doesn't work.

If my iCal file is malformed, or I am mis-interpreting the specification,
please let me know.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/