List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Re: Sync Problem
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2004-07-10 11:45:57

Am Samstag, 10. Juli 2004 12:59 schrieb Simone Gotti:
> On Saturday 10 July 2004 12:31, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> > # TODO: Make this work to mount the  memorystick:
> > BUS="scsi", SYSFS{model}="CLIE MGMS       ", NAME="clie%n"
>
> shouldn't it be BUS="usb" ?

Nope, it's scsi over usb (emulated?). Anyway, after a reboot I now found how
to make it work. When you run MSImport on the clie, the device it not
detected. I.e. dmesg says:

usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using address 7
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
USB Mass Storage device found at 7
usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.

So, the memory stick is not detected as sda. However, if I unplug the usb
cable while MSImport is connected, and plug it in again, the device is
correctly detected and /dev/clie and /dev/clie1 are generated with the above
line:

usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using address 8
  Vendor: Sony      Model: CLIE MGMS         Rev: 1.00
USB Mass Storage device found at 8
sda: assuming Write Enabled
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
 /dev/scsi/host2/bus0/target0/lun0: p1
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi2, channel 0, id 0, lun 0

Weird, but at least I know now how to make it work...
Sorry, that that's off-topic, but maybe other kpilot users here have the same
problems, so I thought it might still be interesting...

Reinhold