List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Nonsensical query w/ inline pgp + attachments
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2004-06-29 12:28:53

On Thursday 24 June 2004 23:37, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Running KMail HEAD, I just tried sending a message with an attachment with
> inline openPGP signatures. KMail prompts me:
>
> The inline OpenPGP crypto message format does not support encryption or
> signing of attachments. Use OpenPGP/MIME instead?
>
> It has two buttons: "Use OpenPGP" and "Cancel". Er, where's the "No, I want
> the deprecated unsigned attachment thing" button? Really, the question could
> read:
>
> Really use inline OpenPGP?
>
> Yes
> No, use OpenPGP/Mime
> Cancel
Indeed.

> (Default to cancel) or somesuch.
A messagebox can't default to cancel afaik.

OK done. The msgbox was the easy part. The more complex part was to fix the
"use openpgp/mime" case, it would forget to mark attachments as "to be signed"
(first bug, fixed now), and that would trigger a bug where the body wasn't sent at all,
and the attachment wasn't signed at all (ouch, unsolved at the moment, but you
won't hit it anymore since the first bug is fixed).

> I don't have the MIME stuff in working order,
> so in effect this  prevents me from sending signed messages with attachments
> at all.
Really? How can inline-openpgp work and not openpgp/mime?
This is different from S/MIME, which requires gpgsm etc.
AFAIK openpgp/mime should work out of the box.

PS: you didn't submit a BR at the aegypten site, right? That's fine, but if you did,
please give me the issue number.

--
David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer