List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Random KPilot doubts / observations
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2004-06-28 6:22:32

On Monday 28 June 2004 07:24, Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> > Well, there was a time that the styleguide suggested that quit should be
> > in the toolbar. I don't mind it going - I use ^Q most of the time anyway
> > :) And of course edit toolbars ... will fix up anyone who misses it.
>
> Can I do and commit this?

Go ahead.

> - The KAddressBook dialog for the custom fields has some options "one
> should not use" in the end. Why not remove it? I did not document these
> features (add whatsthis) for them, yet, as I don't understand what they are
> for.

We have the nasty habit of disabling, not removing, stuff that doesn't work
for a while - but where exactly?

> - Do the todo or calendar conduits still sync with vCalendar in addition to
> iCalendar? The file picker only shows iCalendar as option.

I think so.

> - There is a comment "we really don't know what it does" for the "Do full
> backup when changing PCs" in the settings->general->hotsync. I described it
> as "Check this box to perform a full backup when your last sync was
> performed with another PC or system, to guarantee the completeness of your
> backup data.". Am I getting something wrong?

Sounds about right. I wouldn't count on the functionality being there, though.

--
   "On top of that [watching KDE CVS] is interesting in a perverse
    way, like watching sausage get made. By very smart people." - dkite