List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KMail still crashes while compressing folder
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2004-06-23 13:30:50

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 17:26, Maciek Borowka wrote:
> I perfectly agree. What I am talking about is *not to check* the folders.
> Which basicaly means that if you have not made any action on the folder
> since your last check, the next check will not touch it. Of course, if you
> moved/deleted something, the folder is marked as dirty and the whole
> stuff is synchronized as usual. This would be quite an improvement.

Makes sense. That sounds like a new feature though, not something for 3.3;
I suggest filing a wish about it.

AFAICS it needs a bool dirty, which is saved in KConfig in case kmail is exited/restarted,
and set from the various places that can modify the folder (there are quite a number of them!).

Of course if we don't have this in 3.3, this also means that we should disable
the checkbox ("don't check mail in this folder") for now, to remove confusion?
Everyone OK with this?

> By the way, I noticed that the "read" flag is not imediately updated to the
> server, but only at the next "check mail". Is it intentional?

Yes. This is *disconnected* imap, it allows you to work without being connected
to the server. Only the syncing operation (manual or regular) talks to the server.

--
David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer