List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: Korganizer instantly crashing
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2004-06-18 13:32:36

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Joerg Stadermann wrote:
> running
> KDE 3.2.3 (today's KDE_3_2_BRANCH, new check-out)
> Korganizer instantly crashes after startup.  I re-compiled it with
> debugging enabled but I couldn't get a usable backtrace. Started
> from command line I get the folowing:

it's more specific to your problem. (CC there).

> ERROR: Communication problem with korganizer, it probably crashed.

This could be a wide variety of things, but in my experience most often
yet another bizzarre iuncompatibility in libical that causes it to exit
(libical often does exit() on error). Try moving away your .ics files and
starting korganizer - if that works, start copying your ics file event by
event back, until you find out what's causeing the problem.