List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] searching for kde/kdepim programmers
From:       Holger Schroeder <holger-kde () holgis ! net>
Date:       2004-06-03 11:58:17

Hi,

we are searching for some kde hackers for an office organization software.

we are developing a software for lawyers in germany, it is a port of an old
program which is written in cobol, to a new kde-style user-interface. our
main focus is the bookkeeping( buchfuehrung )-part.

we realized, that more is needed to convince customers to buy that software,
so we want to write a software which can do what they need. this software
will be open source. and we need some more programmers for this.

this is what the program should be able to do, once it will be finished:

you can create files(akten), and for each file you can create connected
persons, documents, todo-items and events.
the documents for the "files" will all be on a central server, for example
nfs.
all the rest of the data should be in a database.
people should be able to create documents from templates and put data from the
database into it, for example the addresses of persons. and they should be
able to scan some papers( e.g. snail mail ) and attach them to a "akte" and
be able to generate a todo item for somebody else, who should then read that
document.
we want to use as much of kde programs as makes sense, for example persons
should be handled by kaddressbook, and todo-items and events should be
handled by korganizer, if possible.

we need some programmers, who would like to help us working on these tasks,
and we are of course open for feedback on this idea. at the moment we are
only focused on lawyers and their offices, but perhaps there are also other
uses for this stuff, and we would like to make this program as flexible as
possible, so that also other people, which work with persons can use it, for
example dealers, which want to handle their customers and track their
invoices and stuff like that.

if we can find the right persons for this task, we would like to pay them to
work on some parts of this. we are in hamburg, germany, and i would favor if
the people are from germany too. if they could  come to hamburg once or twice
a month for some meetings, that would be good too.

if you are interested in this, please contact me.

thanks for reading, Holger Schroeder