List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kpilot tarballs and compile issue
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2004-06-01 22:51:40

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 tech@gnuconsulting.com wrote:
> While compiling the latest tarball of kpilot from kpilot.org, I ran into
> a couple of snags that I think ./configure should have picked up on.
> First, I did not have the readline dev package installed, so it died
> while trying to link -lreadline.  Then, after installing that and

Readline problems are a product of (a) retarded libtool (b) broken
pilot-link .la files.

> continuing make, it died while looking for libkcal/calender.h.  I had to
> install the libkcal2-dev package to get those headers.  It would have
> been nice if configure had told me I was missing stuff like that.

Hm, yeah. I make the tarballs from a checkout of kdepim, and of course in
that context there _is_ an installed include/libkcal/ . I'd prefer not to
change the configure too much from what's used in CVS.

> And finally (this one I'm still working on), make dies in
> ./kpilot/conduits/vcalconduit/vcal-conduitbase.cc with the following
> error:

You'll note it says:

#if KDE_IS_VERSION(3,2,2)
                        rescal->readConfig();
                        rescal->load();
#endif

and I was under the impression that the resources were going to have those
methods starting from KDE 3.2.2. If not, well I guess we'll just have to
up the numbers some and mumble something about versioning public APIs.