List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] New Machine and KitchenSync development
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-05-31 15:19:31

On Monday 31 May 2004 16:39, Nathan Toone wrote:
> What exactly *DOES* kitchensync do?  I know it's a generic framework
> for synchronizing all kinds of data...but when I tried running it, I
> was at a total loss as to how it worked, and what it does.  Is it
> designed to replace KPilot?  Is there any documents explaining how to
> use it or even what it is? I'd like to help out in testing it, but
> unless I know what it is, I don't know how I can do that...

KitchenSync is designed as generic syncing framework. In the far future
it might even replace KPilot. Right now it is able to sync calendar and
addressbook files between desktops (i.e. which are reachable by
kioslaves).

You have to set up Konnectors for the files you want to sync and alter
the KitchenSync profiles to fit your needs (if necessary) and then
simply press "Sync".