List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] task juggler INSTALL note
From:       Martin Konold <martin.konold () erfrakon ! de>
Date:       2004-05-27 6:59:36

Am Thursday 27 May 2004 07:16 am schrieb Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists:

Hi Thomas,

> On Wed, 26 May 2004, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:

> > ...but no scheduling engine ;-)
>
> Mh - not sure what you mean by "scheduling engine", but my planner here
> does schedule all the tasks (I mean it puts them in a defined and logical
> order).

The point about a real scheduling engine in contrast to MS Project and other
Gantt drawing programs is that taskjuggler indeed does solve a system of
equations in order to find an optimal solution to the problem.

This involves constraints like budget, personal shift hours, resources....

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de