List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] task juggler INSTALL note
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2004-05-26 11:23:38

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 04:30 am, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 May 2004 03:35, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> > I'm building task juggler to see if it does CVS import.
> >
> > I noticed this note in their install docs:
> >
> >   Note: Since the libkcal is not installed properly by
> >   the KDE distribution, we use a preprocessor flag HAVE_ICAL to
> >   enable the ical support. By default, it is not defined, even if
> >   you configure with KDE support.
> >
> > Does anyone know what they are talking about?
>
> Sounds like header files testing for HAVE_ICAL, which would be a mistake
> indeed. But I don't see this in CVS, so I suppose it has been fixed...

Hmmm, it's in the CVS snapshot I downloaded yesterday.  Reading the
ChangeLog entry, I think they mean "libical" is not installed properly,
not "libkcal."

When I type make install in libical after a make clean, make, it lists a
bunch of "Nothing to be done" lines.  So, I installing kdepim does not
install libical in a place other apps can use it.  Should it?  (The
TaskJuggler folks seem to think it should ...)

BTW, it looks like opengroupware is packaging libical.  Googling on
"libical packages" turns up opengroupware.org-libical-dev-latest.

xargs: HAVE_ICAL: No such file or directory
mark@pooh:/usr/local/src/taskjuggler-cvs
$ find . -type f | xargs grep HAVE_ICAL
./docs/en/ChangeLog.xml:<listitem><para>Disabled ical support by
introducing the HAVE_ICAL
./INSTALL:  the KDE distribution, we use a preprocessor flag HAVE_ICAL to
./taskjuggler/Task.h:#ifdef HAVE_ICAL
./taskjuggler/Task.h:#ifdef HAVE_ICAL
./taskjuggler/Project.h:#ifdef HAVE_ICAL
./taskjuggler/Project.h:#ifdef HAVE_ICAL
./taskjuggler/Task.cpp:#ifdef HAVE_ICAL
./taskjuggler/Task.cpp:#endif /* HAVE_ICAL */
./taskjuggler/ProjectFile.cpp:#ifdef HAVE_ICAL
./taskjuggler/ProjectFile.cpp:#ifdef HAVE_ICAL
./taskjuggler/ReportICal.cpp:#ifdef HAVE_ICAL
./taskjuggler/Project.cpp:#ifdef HAVE_ICAL
./taskjuggler/Project.cpp:#ifdef HAVE_ICAL
./taskjuggler/Project.cpp:#ifdef HAVE_ICAL
./taskjuggler/ReportICal.h:#ifdef HAVE_ICAL
mark@pooh:/usr/local/src/taskjuggler-cvs
$