List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] resource unloading in kabc
From:       Szombathelyi_György <gyurco () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2004-05-12 11:09:43

Hello!

Cornelius Schumacher wrote:

> Remember that kdepim still has to work with previous 3.2 versions, so
> this might not help.
>
> As I already suggested to Tobias once in a while, I think we should use
> a kdepim-specific version of StdAddressBook in kdepim for now which
> fixes all the problems the StdAddressBook from kdelibs currently has.

I'm wondering where will this lead to. After all, you can move the whole
kabc to kdepim, too, but if a problem can be fixed in 3.2 branch, I
think this is not neccessary. I think of the 3.2.x releases as 'service
packs', upgrading between 3.2.x versions should be painless. Ok, I know
this issue is already discussed very deeply, but I'm just scared of the
whole duplication effort in kdepim.

Regards,
György