List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: Status of iMIP and iTIP handling in Kontact
From:       Bo Thorsen <bo () sonofthor ! dk>
Date:       2004-04-27 13:43:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 14:34, Stephan Buys wrote:
> Hi Bo,
>
> Is any special action/configuration needed to get it to work?

You need to activate groupware support in KMail (Misc, Groupware, Enable
in the KMail config) and in Korganizer (Personal, "Use Groupware...").

> Could you perhaps point me to the functions used for identifying these
> messages as they come in?

It's done in kmail/objecttreeparser.cpp, method processTextVCalSubtype.

> I have sent messages using Horde as well as Kontact and at the moment
> Kontact does not seem to register the arrival of a new request...

I just got a bug report that sometimes configuration is not save properly
for the groupware stuff. And if this is the case, you can't get the
invitations to work :-( As a workaround - if there is no [Groupware]
settings in .kde/share/config/kmailrc, try stuffing this in the file:

[Groupware]
Enabled=true

> Also, could you point me at the functions in charge of parsing the
> Groupware messages in IMAP? Horde (Kolab Web Client) can read Kontacts'
> entries, but not the other way around and I would like to investigate
> it...

This is done in kmailicalifaceimpl.cpp. That file implements the IMAP
resource in KMail. The actual parsing is done by the applications
themselves.

> BTW - please let me know the preferred forum in which to discuss Kolab
> related issues...

This is more a KMail/KOrganizer thing, so it should be appropriate. The
scheduling parts are not specific to Kolab, but will work with all other
iCalendar/iTIP/iMIP based applications.

Another possibility is to ask on #kontact on irc.kde.org.

Bo.