List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [patch] Add "post to mailing list" to RMB in folder tree
From:       Ingo =?windows-1252?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-04-25 12:36:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 25 April 2004 10:30, Brad Hards wrote:
> G'day,
>
> Some people seem to have problems with posting to mailing lists,
> typically resulting in "thread-jacking". I'm not really sure how to
> fix this problem in general, but one idea that might help is to add a
> "Post message to mailing list" if people have folders that are
> mailing list enabled.

Well, in the past we had this option. Then we've removed it because it's
not really an option which belongs in the context menu of folders. But
after we've removed it quite a few people complained. Since the context
menu of folders isn't too crowded, I'm not opposed to re-add the
option. BTW, the correct visual string for this option is "New Message
to Mailing-List..." (cf. the Message menu).

> OK, it probably won't help, but it is a nice idea anyway. Can I
> commit this?

Go ahead.

FWIW, in general it's better to send KMail related patches to the KMail
development list (kmail-devel@kde.org).

Regards,
Ingo