List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kpilot and Symbian smartphones
From:       Simone Gotti <simone.gotti () email ! it>
Date:       2004-03-22 23:46:21

On Sunday 21 March 2004 23:19, Maciek Borowka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are you using SyncML do synchronize the data? In that case, we are just
> duplicating the efforts...  Well, at least, I haven't managed to trash my
> data yet ;+)
> If you are indeed using syncml, contact me (off-list, if you want), so that
> we can discuss about it.
>
> Regards,
> ./Maciek

Hi,

Probably you have readed my post in the last weeks on y IrMCSync konnector.

I think that it can be useful to you if you want to look How I've workarounded
the need of metasyncing. I've wrote an alghrithm that save all the data
synced present on the phone in a temp dir, so I can recreate the full
calendar or the full AddressBook without rereading all the AB or calendar
from the phone but only the change things gived to me by the changelog.

I know that SyncML is very different (and complicated) respect IrMCSync but I
think it can be useful to you.
You can find in in our project: kdebluetooth, it's under kdeextragear-3.

If you have any question you can "kontact" :-) me in private.

Bye!

--
Simone Gotti
<simone.gotti@email.it>