List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] knotes CVS won't run
From:       "Big Biff" <bigbiff () chunkyfilms ! org>
Date:       2004-03-22 22:46:26

I did an cvs update of kdepim today and when I run knotes it crashes
with this:
knotes: ERROR: [static void KNotesLegacy::cleanUp()] Could not delete
old config file!
knotes: WARNING: No standard resource yet.
knotes: Opening resource resource-name
knotes: ERROR: Communication problem with knotes, it probably crashed.
KCrash: Application 'lt-knotes' crashing...

I did some testing and I can't really figure out why the cleanUp()
method would throw that error. If i do a touch knotesrc, cleanUp() will
go through and not show the error above. It looks like it shouldn't
throw that error regardless of it finding a knotesrc or not. Anyhow, it
doesn't crash knote. It seems to happen later on.

Anyone know what might be wrong? I'm new to KDE development and tried to
get debug going under kdevelop but I didn't seem to get it right. It
looked like it ignored my breakpoints...

Also, knotes takes hell of a long time to start for some reason. I guess
valgrind would be a good tool for finding out where knotes is spending
it's time, but I couldn't compile it due to the fact I'm running ntpl...

Thanks in advance, Biff