List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Re: suggestion and patch for displaying VCALENDAR events
From:       Allen Winter <winterz () verizon ! net>
Date:       2004-03-20 0:30:12

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 05:08 am, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 March 2004 01:51, Allen Winter wrote:
> > On or about 3/02/04, Nick T wrote:
> > > Here is a suggested simple patch for kmgroupware.cpp that will include
> > > the date associated with the start time, so you get a message in the
> > > form:
> > >
> > > "The meeting will take place on 04/March/2004 from 16:00 to 20:00"
> >
> > Attached is a patch for HEAD that I modified from Nick's original.
>
> Hmm, the code assumes that the meeting starts and ends on the same day.
> Are there any possibilities that this is not the case? If so, maybe you can
> even check for dtStart!=dtEnd and in that case print the date together with
> the time, otherwise just use the above?
>
> Reinhold

Is there a required format in an RFC?
Can we make meeting invitations look how we desire?

If so, we could something like:

  You have been invited to a meeting.
  The meeting will take place in conference room
  starting at 10:00am Monday March 22 and
  ending at 11:30 am Monday March 22

Or something easier for the translators, like:

  You have been invited to a meeting.
  Where:  conference room
  Starts at: 10:00am Monday March 22 and
  Ends at: 11:30 am Monday March 22