List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kpilotDaemon dcop entry won't leave
From:       Darrell Esau <Darrell.Esau () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2004-02-24 22:41:59

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 1:43 pm, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Ah, spiffy. Any chance of tarballs coming out of that? I'm the KDE
> maintainer at our university site, and getting all the dependencies right
> as well as compiling KDE itself takes over a week on my Ultra 5 (with
> everything NFS mounted, that's the major slowdown).

Would do -- however my builds always have lots of entries in the .so and .la
files which are not portable to other locations.

And I've linked in a bunch of stuff (like Xrender, Xft, etc) which are from
various places on our internal network.

Kind of a pain -- but when you don't have root on the machine, it's the only
way to get it working.

(Yes -- KDE runs fine out of an NFS mounted directory on a SunRay  :)

> > BTW -- USB comes on SunRays and the latest sunblade workstations have USB
> > 2.0 I've done some USB syncs with kpilot on a sunray, however I could
> > only get up to 9600 bps.
>
> Odd - the serial speed setting isn't used at all with USB.

Yeah -- I think it's because it was a USB to serial converter...  nasty.

> > > How about using some lsof trickery?
> >
> > Could do, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.
>
> A socket held open by dcopserver and with noone at the other end. There's
> one open always, waiting for new connections anyway.

Hmm.. I'll do some more probing.

netstat shows a bunch of connections by /tmp/.ICE-unix/dcop<blah> but they all
show CONNECTED.

Hmm...