List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Korganizer Anniversary import?
From:       "enine" <enine () ninefamily ! com>
Date:       2004-02-11 14:04:29

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 11:49 am, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 09:23:11PM +0000, Eugene Nine wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 February 2004 01:59 am, Tobias Koenig wrote:
>
> Hi Eugene,

> > > The attached patch does also import anniversaries.
> > > Cornelius, can I commit? Maybe we should rename the resource then?
> >
> > I spent 8 hours but got close to what you have :)  I was having problems
> > on the toString and fromString.
>
> So just come in IRC to #kontact and ask us :)
>
> Ciao,
> Tobias
Ok, I applied your patch and it imports the anniversaries fine, however I do get \
duplicates.  This is because I have a few husband/wife pairs as separate entries in \
my address list.  for example I have an entry for myself with my office \
phone/pager/e-mail as well as my personal information with my anniversary date, then \
I have a separate entry for my wife with her e-mail, cell phone, office phone, office \
e-mail, and anniversary date.  I guess I could manually go through and remove her \
anniversary date as well as any others but should we expect end users do do this?  My \
thought was to create an array the length of the # of address book records.  Then \
each time through the loop look for the found anniversary in that array and if its \
not found add it, if it is found then its a duplicate and discard it.  When finished \
then import everything from the array.  So my question is why did you patch the \
resourcekabc instead of in the birthdays plugin and where would be the appripritae \
location to check for duplicates?

Eugene

Sent via the HostPortal WebMail system at ninefamily.com