List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Korganizer Anniversary import?
From:       Eugene Nine <enine () ninefamily ! com>
Date:       2004-02-10 19:00:37

I opened Kontact for the first time in a while and noticed that on the summary
page lists birthdays and anniversaries but the import for korganizer only
does birthdays.  I didn't see any mention on the mail list of anniversaries
so I thought I would ask is this listed this way on the kontact summary
because there are plans in the works to implement it.  I started playing with
the the birthdays plugin trying to to see if I could simply change the
variable to point to the anniversary date and then check for duplicates in
the case of having a separate address book entry for husband and wife.  Why
are the variables so much different in the kaddressbook code.  For example
the addresseditor has a simple
mBirthdayPicker->setDate( mAddressee.birthday().date() ); for birthdays and
mAnniversaryPicker->setDate( QDate::fromString( mAddressee.custom(
                               "KADDRESSBOOK", "X-Anniversary" ),
Qt::ISODate) ); for anniversaries.  Why wasn't the anniversary simply stored
as mAddresss.anniversary()?
I may not be much of a programmer, but I can copy and paste and search and
replace so I copied the whole birthday folder and replaced all birthday
references with anniversary then started looking in the addressbook code for
the variable name and kind of got confused there.  I've played some and
almost have it compiling but if a real programmer is already working on this
I wanted to know first.