List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] libkcal and karm patches
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2003-12-29 16:08:24

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 7:14 am, David Faure wrote:

> * karmstorage.diff: karm saves the whole file when stopping a timer. This
> blocks the GUI for several seconds, which is really annoying. Why save
> during user interaction, when we have an autosave feature already?

I think a good compromise between gui response and data integrity is to check
if autosave is turned on when someone stops a task.  If auto save is on,
there is no need to save on every timer stop.

This will probably have the side-effect of encouraging users to turn on
autosave, which is a good thing w.r.t. maintaining an accurate history.

Regards,

Mark