List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Why does Korganizer not like December 22?
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-27 11:13:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 27 December 2003 03:45, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 04:26:58PM +0100, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Friday 26 December 2003 16:14, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > > and has a simple query language for searching contacts.
> >
> > Reinventing SQL? :-)
>
> No, not at all... my query language consists of a method
>   searchContact( field, pattern, matching_type )
> where field is a field identifier, pattern a pattern and
> matching_type something like 'starts with', 'ends with', 'contains'
> and 'equals'.
>
> Furthermore there will be a method which takes a list of such
> triples, tied together with an 'and' or 'or' flag.

We already have something very similar in KMail for the message filters
and message searching (KMSearchPattern etc.). We might want to share
this code (although for message filtering Marc intends to go for
Sieve). The difficult part is that we have to search in different
classes. We search in KMMessage and you probably want to search in
KABC::Contact (or whatever the class is called). It might be difficult
to make an abstraction which could be used by KMail and KAddressBook.

Regards,
Ingo