List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Why does Korganizer not like December 22?
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-23 13:55:42

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 14:17, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Monday 22 December 2003 06:03 pm, Eugene Nine wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 December 2003 03:46 am, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> > >
> > > I took a quick look at the source of konsolekalendar and I don't see
> > > any locking code.  Are you sure these don't clobber each other too?
> >
> > I'm just making an assumption there, maybe they do clobber each other.
>
> Yes, konsolekalendar will clobber.  The API must do the "right thing", and
> I had hoped/assumed that the CalendarResources stuff would take care of
> things. Guess not.

You have to use the "save(Ticket*)" function when you want to lock the
calendar. The API can't enforce that you use it the right way. Maybe we
should remove the CalendarResources::save() function, so that it becomes more
obvious that the files should be locked. But as it's trivial to work around
this I'm not sure it will really help.