List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] PATCH, RFC: Korganizer and timezones (bug 68345)
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-14 11:52:39

On Monday 01 December 2003 21:28, Shaheed wrote:
> Attached is a patch to implement timezones in .ics files (bug 68345).
> Just as I finished this, I suddenly thought of why MS Exchange may be
> saving meeting .ics files with timezones and non-UTC settings:
> because it wants the meeting time to "float" with the timezone
> phases.

No, floating time zones would be saved without any timezone information
(also not as UTC, no trailing Z at the datetime string). If you mix
timezones in one calendar and want to preserve the information which
event belongs to which timezone you need the timezone parameters.
Anyway, as iCalendar allows time zone ids per datetime property we have
to support it.

> If I am right, it is rather late in 3.2 to fix this, so I assume that
> any fix would have to wait till after the release.

It doesn't change much of the existing parsing so I think it's safe to
add now.

> Should I commit?

I have committed the patch with some slight modifications. Many thanks
for solving this problem.